Monday, November 7, 2011

Don't Let PF Flare-Ups Turn Chronic

After my first spell of plantar fasciitis, I had the occasional minor flare-ups once a year or so.  That means I'd become aware of a dull pain in my heel.  

Since the first time I had plantar fasciitis it took me almost a year to get rid of the pain, I was very motivated to stave the flare-up off at the pass.  I never wanted another big episode to happen again.  It did, unfortunately; this last year it came back worse than ever, but as I've said elsewhere on this website, it's much better now after doing one thing in particular - using the Strassburg Sock.

What did I do whenever a flare-up happened in the intervening years?  It's simple: I went back to the massaging, foot exercises, and stretching.  

And I made sure I was wearing my favorite shoes for plantar fasciitis with good arch support.

And I made sure I was not going barefoot. 

That was all I did, and it was enough to keep the plantar fasciitis at bay whenever my heel would twinge on me.  Today, though, I'd also add on the Strassburg Sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment